Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Other Vendors And Their Pricing

I have been shopping around and have noticed something strange.  Even in this "recession" others are still charging a premium for their services. I then read an article on how to position yourself price wise.

Here is where the strange part comes in.  Most of the vendors I was shopping were charging more than me for the same level or even less than I was providing.

I started to ask myself why, can they really get this price?  Does the quality of the work warrant the price they are asking?  In a nutshell some of them were worth every penny they were charging, the others most defiitly were not. 

My pricing structure is very simple, I cover my costs and make a little profit.  I am not out there to get rich off people, I want to make a comfortable living though.  I do honor special requests and usually do not overcharge for them.  Although there have been some bridezillas and Bar/Bat mitzvah parents, whom I wished I had not booked in the first place, that warranted being charged a premium for what they were getting, but I did not go overboard.

In these economic times it is not worth it to fight over pennies when a little give and take can win a lifelong customer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment